Are you planning to do some canning this summer? Are you anticipating putting up some homemade jam or tomato sauce? Then you might need a coupon!
Here is a recipe from a vintage cookbook for Home Economic Teachers.
Strawberry Pineapple Jam
1 10oz package of frozen strawberries or 1 pint of fresh hulled
1 20oz can crushed pineapple (Aldi sells this)
1/4 cup of water
1 box Sure Jell
3 1/2 cup sugar
- Wash, rinse, scald 8 jelly glasses.
- Crush strawberries slightly, measure then add enough pineapple to make 3.5 cups of fruit.
- Place in large saucepan and add your water
- Add the Sure Jell and mix WELL
- Cook over high heat and bring to hard boil
- Stir in sugar all at once
- Boil again to hard boil and boil for 1 minute while STIRRING constantly
- Pour in sterilized jars. Seal while hot.